This is a series of (mostly) closeup images of the R75 motorcycle & sidecar plus trailer at the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I thought it looked like a really nice restoration job, so I spent some time giving it coverage. May these images be useful for working up those old 1/9 scale kits by ESCI – or even something smaller (where is that Bandai kit?)
Note that the next to last image, of the sidecar MG mount, has near the bottom the barely discernible maker’s logo – “Steib” – which I apparently failed to notice so I didn’t take a clear picture of it. (I did an extract so you can sort of see it… also at the bottom.) However, I also found images of the logo on Flicker (a local Photog, Thomas Williams, has a particularly nice one); do a Google search for “BMW motorcycle sidecar WWII” under Images and you’ll find it. You can also click HERE. Sorry about that!
When you see a Canon camera lens cap in any images, it is there as a scale reference; it is 2-3/8″ in diameter! Also, pause your cursor over the image and a little label should pop up – at least it does for my Firefox browser.
- MD Iman Santoso on BMW R75 Motorcycle with Sidecar and Trailer
- Michael Nerino on January 2014 HRSM Meeting Minutes
- Bill Wesley on Menu Sign-up for Club Holiday Potluck Dinner Meeting – 20 Dec 2013
- Mike Nerino on Menu Sign-up for Club Holiday Potluck Dinner Meeting – 20 Dec 2013
- Wiley williams on Menu Sign-up for Club Holiday Potluck Dinner Meeting – 20 Dec 2013
Tag CloudAftermarket Alternative Modeling Books Civilian Club Business Color Chart Community Competition Decals It-Crawls It-Drives By It-Floats It-Flys It-Sinks Kits Military Modern Paint Scratchbuilt Shows Technique-and-Tips WW2